June is a special month in everyone’s life. As a student we would like to welcome the month of June to show our new bags, to enter our new class, to meet new set of teachers and so on.. When we came to know about the environment we started to wait for the 5th to plant saplings, speak about it. Then as a child we wait for our Father’s day and now adding to it as a mommy I am happy to know it’s a cloth diapering month. Being a cloth diapering mom isn’t it good to have a special month dedicated to us?? And a special bond I have with this month is the birth of Baby A. Too much of memories I do have with the month of June. As its special I have come up with a Review on Totscarts handmade fitted diapers and in association with the Totscart family we are running a giveaway to make this month even special.
I am proud to say that we are a cloth Diapering family and if you know me in person you would have known about the love I have for cloth diapers. We have successfully completed 11 months in the journey of cloth diapering and we are eagerly waiting to continue till we can. As a new mommy when I heard about cloth diaper terminologies I had a massive attack and then with the reviews I succeeded the journey. Today we are going to have a detailed review on the Totscart handmade fitted diaper.
For new mommies Let me explain what a fitted diaper is?
Fitted diapers otherwise called as fitteds comes either with snaps or snapless and they are highly absorbent in nature. They do have elastic at the legs, backside for a neat fit and the inserts are either attached or can be removed. Fabrics used will be from the cotton family. These are not waterproof in nature. In a layman terminology fitteds are a diaper where the whole diaper absorbs the pee.
Fitteds really hold a strange part in the cloth diaper world. Their cost worries a lot. But to rescue in the cost part totscart came to play a role. It didn’t leave a hole in our pocket and it serves the best. It really helps when your little one has a rash. A fitted can be used either with a cover or without a cover but I do prefer without a cover as its good way to air out those tushies without harming them.
Features of Totscart Handmade Fitted:
- These come with adorable cute prints to keep us entertained and calm even in difficult situations :p
- It comes in 2 key parts.
The Shell is made of 4 layers of cotton and insert is made of 6 layers of cotton Flannel and a one layer of hemp terry!! So totally 11 layers (including hemp) in the wet zone but, yet will look very trim!
- Adjustable Rise settings for small, medium and large.
- For a better fit around the waist it has a cross-over tab.
Promises of the Totscarters:
- Shell is made of 4 layers of cotton and insert is made of 6 layers of cotton Flannel and a one layer of hemp terry!! So totally 11 layers (including hemp) in the wet zone but, yet will look very trim!
- It will last for 4 hours.
- Totscart has come up Tongue style insert for easy use and high absorbency. It is made of 5 layers of cotton flannel and 2 layers of hemp when folded into half. Thus gives a good absorbency. It is topped with stay dry layer. With shell it provides 11 layers of absorbing layer (including two hemp layers). It could last anywhere between 3 hrs to 5 hrs..
- Prints can be customised by pre-ordering.
- Can be used from 3kgs to 20kgs.
- It will be trim.
- A++ for the customer Service.
What I like the most?
- It’s a crowdpleaser and it will win the diaper beauty contest for sure.
- It works like a dream and its adorable where it can be used a daytime fitted.
- It lasts for 3 hours plus for my medium to heavy-wetter daughter
- For my lo its trim in nature
- Dries completely quick.
- Earlier the insert was stiff but with frequent washes its flexible and it stays in place so that the pee gets absorbed without the leakage.
- With no PUL 100% breathable.
- For a new mommy the stiff insert is little irritated but with frequent washes it can be adjusted according to our needs.
- Few prints fade out after many washes and that’s how the cotton works which Preethi discloses earlier when doing the purchase.
Its nominal for a fitted diaper. 460Rs. Plus shipping
PREPPING & WASH CARE:
Its asked to wash twice in warm water before its used on the tiny tushies. I usually wash my new diapers alone and line dry them and the third wash will be with the regular laundry as my husband feels it’s a new cloth and it shouldn’t be used with laundry. So my fitted was on baby A after the third wash. The stiffness of the inserts became flexible in my seventh wash. And it worked fine from the sixth wash.
Special Wash Routine:
The soiled diapers (whether pooped or peed ) will be rinsed once and stored in a open pail and then on the laundry day a prewash followed by a regular wash and 2 rinses extra and then line dry them.
Will I Recommend this Product?
Totscart handmade fitteds are definitely a workhorse diaper and will stay dry for minimum of 3 hours. It’s a perfect day time fitted. I have seen the mommies with very leaner babies found it difficult to fit these diapers properly so I wouldn’t recommend for them. So my final verdict is I would recommend this diapers for all except the very leaner babies as they find it difficult in the fit. I have 4 fitteds from totscart in my stash and my baby falls on the leaner side.
You can buy them from www.facebook.com/totscart
AMS Ratings: 9.5/10.
Disclaimer: Totscart Handmade Fitted diaper was purchased by me. Neither I nor The AlizehmySoul Blog were compensated in any way for this review.